"Send every child back to school with pride..." |
Getting involved is easy. We are continually looking for volunteers to help us throughout the year. There are varied opportunities. You can do a little or a lot.
To volunteer for any of the opportunities listed below, please call Cheryl at Community Action Council @ 360-438-1100 ext. 1143.
- Volunteer to pick up and wash gently used coats from a local schoolís lost and found. Some schools are already participating.
- Sponsor a fundraiser or collect school supplies at your work place, community organization or church.
- Shop back to school sales and donate items.
- Volunteer during Distribution Week. Help is needed at Capitol HS @ 2707 Conger Ave NW, our distribution site, Monday, August 12th to Wednesday, August 14th. Work includes unloading, setting up, sorting, and displaying school supplies and clothing. We can sign you up for help for a few hours on any of one those days.
- Distribution Day is Thursday, August 15th, at Capitol HS @ 2707 Conger Ave NW. There are numerous tasks to perform. However, for the protection of the children, volunteers must have prior approval by the Little Red Schoolhouse committee and show driverís license at check-in on Distribution Day. We will be signing you up for a 2-3 hour timeslot.